The rest of my Universe

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh but I thought I could do it all!!

Day 6, trinket 6, you know the drill.


Believe it or not, my idea changed from about 8am this morning, and noon this afternoon. There after I would say another 5 ideas popped into my head, no less while I was driving. So, I retrieved my trusty digital recorder (which I always carry, you never know WHO will talk to you wherever you are).  As soon as I returned back to work, viola, wrote them down in my journal for the next few days of challenges.  


I think I embrace the fact that rarely do things go as planned, and really, this is how ideas change, progress and come about.  Sometimes having more time (like on the weekends) gives you the opportunity for more time to work on your craft.  Thus, today's original idea will be Saturday's work day.  Between writing, making commercials, editing video and making homemade laundry soap, I will have plenty of time to work on it.. which..I'm pretty proud of and I think that the oddity of it all will be, appreciated by the right people.  


So, This idea, believe it or not needed the following materials:


nails
hammer
wire (two sizes)
wood (okay okay a PIECE of wood)
"tutu" material
needle


I thought OOH this project will be easy-peasy ... o.O 
I had to step away several times to release the tension in my neck and shoulders *laughing*. Don't let that fool you, I really enjoyed making it.  If course, we all know, the object of this project means "New Beginnings". 


Without further ado:





In making this project, I did imagine the changes in my life, the positive things that have happened to me, leaving the negative events and people behind so that *I* could blossom. Butterflies change and move on with their lives, just like I have enjoyed doing.


Don't let other's determine how you need and want to live your live.  Don't let their insecurities be your downfalls.


A New Moo

5 comments:

  1. Oh Moo...your butter fly is lovely...that took alot of work. I hope your butterfly becomes a symbol of love in your life. I know you worked really hard on this...butterfly=metamorphasis/change. Simply lovely. One of my favorite "butterfly" inspired sayings is this: Let me become the change I want to see in others. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And AMEN to that last statement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh thank you ladies!!! You know, in this challenge, I realize it's only day seven, but can I just say, it's not just about creating something, it's not really about how perfect it turns out, truly, it's about the thought put into it, the actually brain power used to create these trinkets, the emotions, thoughts and feelings that were being utilized as we're making them. Heck, it's even the process of explaining and detailing what was involved and why it was your choice.
    You ladies are both a very important inspiration to me, I hope you realize that. Having creative people to sharing these small personal triumphs with is .. a blessing. I don't want to get all mushy but thank you ladies both for your support. I for one greatly appreciate you and your very kind words!

    HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!! <3 MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS..wow..on the spelling errors.. I wanted to type fast and well, haste makes waste! I promise I'm good with spelling and grammer! ;)

    ReplyDelete