The rest of my Universe

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ooh I can post now!

5/365!

Last night..at the final moment of the day, January 5th, 2011 I tried to post about my creation that day.

Now, my time has been extremely short after work, as I keep visiting a family member in the hospital.  It's not that I don't have materials with me that I could work on them, but, really, if you are going to visit someone in the hospital, isn't it a bit rude? So.. anyway, I already had what I needed and a vision in my head.

First off, let me start by saying, sometimes, I simply adore, sitting down and handsewing something. I love to darn socks, resew on buttons, I love love LOVE handsewing with fleece. Sometimes hand sewing gives me the soothing effects of a mixed drink (which I rarely do) or a mild sedative. It relieves stress and for me personally, it gives me the feeling of accomplishment and old fashioned ways. I know that sounds odd, but I love that feeling, so hand sewing for me is .. calming and relaxing.

I started off with this amazing scrap of fleece, soft beige, off white, which ever, and a needle and thread.  My pattern was quick (just cut out) and my few materials needed were right in front of me. I love that I can sit and talk to Stuart while I'm working on my trinkets.

Did I happen to mention that PA Dutch is a large part of my heritage? I say that because sincerely I am fascinated with the Amish.. (well, up until the point of their beliefs and thoughts on disowning children if they leave).. I love their handmade simply crafts, foods, clothing, life. Secretly, I've always wanted to the 95% of the Amish ways, all the way down to reading by candle light (which I've done before and loved the feeling it gave me). But I digress..

I made this fuzzy little stuffed mouse. Fleece, stuffing, beads and thread.  That is it. I really think he's cute, and am going to make him a friend (using more time and knowledge I didn't have making this little guy). 

Another one tonight!

Moo

3 comments: