The rest of my Universe

Friday, January 14, 2011

Simply 9

 

I had a lot of fun with this "trinket".  I hand sewed the soft fleece, and while I wanted it to be burlap, the burlap I had.. waaaay too hard to sew with. Darn it. So, with much happiness..

I introduce you to 9.  If you haven't seen the movie "9" you will not understand who this is.





















I might add, in the movie the pole he is holding was his light.  I used the glow in the dark clay, so that it totally worked.  The pole is cut wire from a hanger, holding the "light" is an old sewing machine bobbin. His cute little eyes are "buttons" from an old pair of jeans.

I do love him.

A New Moo

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! Have you ever seen the movie?

    Click this link .. .he's the little guy on the left :)

    http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/images/TY3/CMBO00108_01.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! I definitely need to see the movie - I was anxious about its release way back when, and then I sort of severed my ties with movie and TV media and forgot all about it :-O

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely not for children, and, it's hard to understand at first, but it ends up .. sad... and I cried... for various reasons. This little guy ended up kind of being the main doll of the movie and at the end you understand, but it doesn't make it any easier.

    I still might try and make him in burlap or gunny... at least I have his light pole hehe

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the movie or heard of it. I'll have to look it up. This looks very cute and intricate...very good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! He's made me want to make another doll... not of this movie, but just in general. Something soft and cuddly for a youngin'.

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete